The Oxford Farming Conference
The 2022 Oxford Farming Conference, Routes to Resilience, will be co-chaired by Barbara Bray MBE and Sarah Mukherjee MBE and will be held from 5 to 7 January 2022. The event will embrace a hybrid model with the opportunity for you to attend the live conference in Oxford, enjoying the stunning venues and social activities, or from the comfort of your home via our digital package.
You can view our ticket prices, information about accommodation options, and full Covid protocol guidance a bit further down the page. If the government enforces any measures that restrict the conference from going ahead, you will receive a full refund of your conference ticket.Buy your ticket here
Starting on Wednesday 5th January, a range of fringes will be hosted by organisations looking at future solutions and opportunities within agriculture. Each of these sessions are limited in space so please make sure you book early to avoid disappointment.
Thursday 6th January will combine trade, policy, science, research and farmer-led solutions, and is often a key moment in the agricultural diary as new announcements are made impacting future legislation. It is also the date of our renowned debate, which this year will discuss the motion "This house believes the demise of the family farm has been greatly exaggerated."
Friday 7th January will look at the relevance of the concept of ‘family’ in agriculture around the world, the next steps for the National Food Strategy and launch the return of the OFC report focusing on "Natural Capital - the battle for control".View Programme
Physical Ticket - £395 exc. VAT
This includes all sessions listed in our programme on Thursday 6th and Friday 7th January 2022. See here. It also includes access to the fringes on Wednesday 5th January but please note space is limited so book early to avoid disappointment.
Dinner is not included but can be booked at the same time as your conference ticket, at an additional cost.
- OFC Banquet (Wednesday 5 January) - £80 exc. VAT
- OFC Social (Wednesday 5 January) - £30 exc. VAT
- OFC Post-Debate Supper (Thursday 6 January) - £80 exc. VAT
Digital Ticket - £45 exc. VAT
The digital ticket offers access to all on-demand content following the event plus access to a live stream of the following sessions:
- The OFC Report Launch (Wednesday 5th January 2022, 16:50 - 17:45)
- Opening Address & Welcome (Thursday 6 January, 8:15 - 8:45)
- Trade & Global Session (Thursday 6 January, 8:45 - 10:00)
- National Session - Politics (Thursday 6 January, 10:35 - 11:30)
- Lessons from Science with Dr Catherine Nakalembe - NASA Harvest (Thursday 6 January, 13:45 - 14:30)
- The National Food Strategy with Henry Dimbleby (Friday 7 January 2022, 9:50 - 10:35)
- A special inspiring speaker - to be announced on 10 December. (Friday 7 January 2022, 11:10 - 11:55)
- The 2022 OFC Report - Natural Capital: the battle for control (Friday 7 January 2022, 11:55 - 12:25)
- OFC Closing Remarks (Friday 7 January 2022, 12:25 - 13:00)
Covid Protocol Guidance
If the government enforces any measures that restrict the conference from going ahead, you will receive a full refund of your conference ticket. We are also taking extra measures to ensure your safety including reducing delegate capacity to allow more space for you to enjoy the event. Please see the guidance below.
Cancellations will apply as per the below cancellation policy. See terms and conditions here.Book Ticket
Covid Protocol Guidance for OFC22
Whilst government restrictions have lifted we are still advising all in person attendees to follow the below measures, where possible before and during OFC22.
If the government enforces any measures that restrict the conference from going ahead, you will receive a full refund of your conference ticket.
- All Delegates are expected to undertake their own health risk assessment. Check for symptoms of COVID-19 (a high temperature, new and persistent cough, or a loss of/change in sense of taste or smell) before travelling to the event. If they, or anyone you live with, have one or more of the covid symptoms (even if they are mild) they should not attend, and should follow the guidance on testing and self-isolation.
- Follow any relevant guidance on travel.
- Do not attend the event if you need to self-isolate, if you are displaying any systems or have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, are required to isolate after travel, or because they are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Take a rapid (Lateral Flow) test before attending (and at least twice a week). Not everyone that has COVID has symptoms but they can still transmit the infection.
Along with the above, whilst attending the conference at the Examination Schools, please see below the University guidelines;
- Masks are not mandatory, but encouraged, especially in crowded/poorly ventilated areas (such as the basement toilets).
- Wash hands regularly.
- Hand sanitiser is located throughout the venue, and delegates encouraged to use frequently.
- Distancing is not mandatory, but advised to allow for personal space where possible
- Ventilation throughout the venue via windows and doors. In the colder times, windows will be closed during talks, and then opened during breaks. In addition to the natural ventilation the OFC will be hiring in "HEPA" filters to use across the venue, as advised by the government, to help manage the ventilation.
- Frequent cleaning of high touch points are carried out by the facilities team
- Additional cleans implemented of areas by an external contracted team
If you have any questions on this guidance, please don't hesitate to get in touch via email@example.com
Accommodation & Travel
In previous years, accommodation has been included in the booking options when purchasing a ticket for the conference. For 2022, accommodation will not be included as each venue operate their own booking and cancellation policy and therefore booking direct is preferred.
A list of recommended venues, including any form of discount, will be uploaded to the delegate information page in October 2022.
Guidance on how to get to Oxford can also be found on this page. Please note, there is no parking at the venue.Delegate Information