The Oxford Farming Conference
Delegate Information 2023
Book for additional sessions during breakfast, lunch and tea time.
Alongside the OFC curated content, OFC Partners have organised inspirational content during breakfast, lunch and tea time sessions...including some delicious catering. Some of these will require booking via their own Eventbrite links, which can be found in the programme section here.
Accommodation in Oxford
In previous years, the accommodation has been included in the booking options when purchasing a ticket for the conference. For 2023, accommodation will not be included as each venue operates their own booking and cancellation policy and therefore booking direct is preferred. A few recommended venues, included special rates for OFC can be found below.
- Courtyard by Marriott Hotel, Oxford City Centre - 15-minute walk approx. A limited number of rooms are available at a discounted rate (£155 single occupancy, £175 double occupancy, inclusive of breakfast and VAT). Click on the link to go to the dedicated booking page for this event.
- Premier Inn, Oxford City Centre (Westgate) - 15-minute walk approx.
- Malmaison Oxford - 15-minute walk approx. This venue offers a discount on best available rates for OFC delegates. Rooms can be booked directly on their website with a delegate code. Please contact email@example.com to receive the booking code and discount.
- Oxford Spires - 30-minutes walk from the venue, this hotel is offering a limited number of rooms at £155.00 Bed and Breakfast Rate Double for Sole Occupancy per room per night. Parking on-site is chargeable at £20 per night. Phone 01865 324324 to book, quoting group code ABC.
- Keble College - 15-minutes walk approx. OFC has secured 20 single en-suite rooms held at a rate of £75 inc VAT. These will be on a first-come basis. Follow this link and use the code OFC2023 to book.To complete your booking move the calendar to January and select the dates you required.
- Christ Church College - 15 minutes walk approx. OFC has secured 30 single en-suite rooms, hed at a rate of £115.20 per room per night. To take advantage of the rate enter the code "FARMERS2023" using this link
George Street Hotel - a short 10-minute walk from the conference. The hotel has made a selection of rooms available ranging from £150 to £250 per night. Please click on the dedicated Oxford Farming Conference Link to make a reservation. The hotel is available on 01865 957800.
Bocardo Hotel - a 10-minute walk from the conference. The hotel has a selection of rooms available ranging from £125 to £140 per night. Please click on the dedicated Oxford Faming Conference Link to make a reservation. The hotel is available on 01865 591234.
Travelling to Oxford (Summary)
By Car - There is no car parking at the venue so we recommend using the park and ride system.
By Train - Oxford railway station is approximately a 20-minute walk away or 10 minutes by taxi. If there is a rail strike, please see the notes below.
By Bus - The nearest bus stop and airport bus stops are on the High Street just outside the Examination Schools (Queen’s Lane stop). Information about buses in the city can be found here.
Rail Strike Options
A proposed rail strike has been announced for the 4th and 6th of January, which, if it goes ahead, could cause some disruption to your travel. Whilst OFC does not organise travel for delegates, we wanted to provide you with as much information as possible, to help with your own planning. If the rail strike goes ahead, there are a number of options available, which will offer you good access to the event.
There is limited parking in Oxford City Centre but there are plenty of Park and Ride options. You can park your car for the duration of the conference, and the bus will stop close to the Oxford Examination Schools, where the majority of the event is hosted.
Oxford Parkway (closest to Oxford)
This site is located at Oxford Parkway Station to the north of the city and can be accessed from the A40 (from Witney and Cheltenham), A4260 (from Kidlington), A34 (from Banbury, Bicester and Northampton) and the M40. Open 24 hours a day, with parking for up to 72 hours. Postcode: OX2 8HA
Located to the north of the city, this site can be accessed from the A40 (from Witney and Cheltenham), A4260 (from Kidlington), A34 (from Banbury, Bicester and Northampton) and the M40. Open 24 hours a day, with parking for up to 72 hours. Postcode: OX2 8JZ
Located off the A34 from Abingdon, Didcot and Newbury. This site is located to the south of the city. Open 24 hours a day, with parking for up to 72 hours. Postcode: OX1 4XG
To view the other park and ride options, timetables and full details, click here
There are also a range of car parks within the city centre, that offer 24 hour access and long-stay but they can be quite expensive. To view a full list, click here.
We will be monitoring the situation, and if the rail strike does go ahead, we will create a car share document where anyone who would like to offer a lift to other delegates, can leave their name, location they are travelling from and email address for others to get in touch. This will be posted in your member login area, so please keep checking back.
Oxford is served well by bus connections, with a central bus station only 15 minutes’ walk from the Oxford Examination Schools.
The nearest bus stop and airport bus stops are on the High Street just outside the Examination Schools (Queen’s Lane stop). Information about buses in the city can be found here.
The main bus station is just 15 minutes’ walk away, so if you miss the Queen’s Lane stop, you can go to Gloucester Green Bus Station, George St, Oxford OX1 2BU
Birmingham, and London airports all offer good bus connections to Oxford. View the bus timetable above to find the relevant journey for you.
We hope this provides you with enough information to support your travel plans, and look forward to seeing you in Oxford.
Wednesday - The report launch and Chair's Welcome Event on Wednesday 4th takes place at The Oxford University Museum of Natural History, Parks Rd, Oxford OX1 3PW
Thursday and Friday - The main conference on Thursday 5th and Friday 6th January 2023 takes place at The Examination Schools, 75 – 81 The High Street, Oxford, OX1 4BG
Thursday Evening - The Oxford Union Debate on Thursday 5th January 2023 takes place at The Oxford Union, Frewin Court, Oxford, OX1 3JB. Stewards will be available to help direct you to the venue.
Suggested #OFC23 Dress Code
Smart Casual is encouraged throughout the conference. Those attending the OFC Social event on Wednesday 4th January 2023 may feel comfortable in casual attire. Many delegates may feel more comfortable in business attire for the main conference sessions and formal dinner on Thursday 5th.
Please note:HRH The Princess Royal often attends the conference. If you are invited to meet Her Royal Highness, you should wear smart business attire.